Seven Springs Trout Hatchery, located near Larne in Northern Ireland, is looking for a Farm Manager. The manager will be responsible for a small team that produces and ships eyed rainbow trout ova during the summer period from a farm re-built with modern stock units in 2012.
The successful candidate must expect to be involved with the physical work on the site and contribute to the weekend/ alarm cover.
The job description can be summarized as;
- Leadership and management of the team
- Production of quality ova in the right quantity at the right time driven by good husbandry of a healthy stock.
- Maintaining accurate record keeping systems and monthly reporting.
- Continuous compliance with assurance schemes and legislation.
- Improvement of the site, systems and stock.
- Plan and prioritize daily work.
- Management of the staff on site (2 full time workers + part-time workers).
- Feeding and taking part in the daily routines.
- Plan and execute feed and stock management.
- Operation of the site veterinary health plan.
- Grading, stripping and handling of fish.
- Packing and shipping of ova.
- Record keeping in accordance with licensing and the quality schemes in operation.
- Responsible for realization of budgeted production.
- Defining and achieving KPIs together with the management.
- Secure high information flow to the sales organization, in order to facilitate 100% sales of production on time.
- Maintaining a safe working environment and environmentally friendly work practices.
- Optimize Photoperiod in cooperation with the directors.
- Organize all aspects of site and equipment maintenance.
- Organize and minute monthly staff meetings.
- Deliver monthly reports to the Directors.
Key competences for the job:
- Good English skills, oral and written.
- Qualifications at degree level or equivalent experience.
- Experience with trout farming, preferably brood stock.
- Familiar with the most common Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with quality schemes such as Global GAP, ISO or Quality Trout UK would be preferred.
- Willing to work flexible hours under all weather conditions.
For the right person, we offer an exciting job opportunity with freedom to plan own activities and tasks in accordance with the overall goals. Housing is available on site.
Please sent your application, CV and relevant details by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 16-03-2015
Seven Springs produces and sells eyed Rainbow trout ova. Part of the ova are sold in UK and Ireland, but a large share is also sold through the parent company Troutex Aps worldwide to more than 26 different countries. Read more about Troutex at www.troutex.dk