Hooke Springs Trout Farm is situated in the beautiful west Dorset countryside and produces restocking quality Brown and Rainbow trout that are sold throughout the UK. We currently have a vacancy for an assistant manager to join our team.
- To assist the farm manager in all aspects of Brown and Rainbow trout production, we have our own line of brood stock, so all aspects of the life cycle are carried out in-house. We handle all our own transportation with very occasional over night stays required. The right candidate will also need to fulfil 1 in 3 working weekends and take part in evening rounds / on-call rota.
- In the absence of the farm manager the assistant will be responsible for all aspects of the farm and additional staff.
- As well as a competitive salary, representing industry standard, the post comes with recently refurbished 2-bedroom onsite accommodation.
- Council tax and water rates are covered by the business, the post holder only needs to cover the electricity.
Dates & Requirements:
- We are looking for the successful candidate to start on the 1st February 2024, the accommodation will be available from the 27th January 2024.
- Previous fish farm experience is not essential but would be advantageous. A full clean driving license is required, preferably with the ability to tow trailers. Due to the nature of the work applicants must be physically fit.
To apply for the post or if you have any questions please email us at – email@example.com