LAST UPDATED JANUARY 2018
HATCHERY MANAGER INVICTA TROUT LTD, NEWTONAIRDS, DUMFRIES DG2 0JL
Invicta Trout is a diverse business ultimately selling trout for both restocking and the table. The candidate will be responsible for running our hatchery, which produces the rainbow trout necessary to supply these two markets.
He/she will also assist with other work on the whole site if help is required and also with weekend cover.
The job description can be summarised as:
- Running the hatchery to a high level of fish husbandry
- Maintaining accurate records inc compliance with assurance schemes and legislation
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Take in and hatch circa 1m ova, growing these to 10g
- Feeding and organising the daily routines
- Feed and stock management
- Maintaining the site Veterinary Health & Welfare Plan
- Liaising with Trossachs Trout Farm and suppliers
- Maintaining a safe working environment
- Occasional live fish delivery off site
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Requirements for the job:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Experience with trout is essential, but training will be provided where needed.
- Computer literate a must and experience with Djournal helpful
- Experience with quality schemes such as QTUK, GlobalGAP and Freedom Foods would be preferred
- Willing to work flexible hours
Salary is commensurate with experience. House provided.
Job Location Invicta Trout Ltd, Newtonairds, Dumfries DG2 0JL
This is a challenging and rewarding job
Applications to SCH Duffin 01387 720641 or email@example.com