LAST UPDATED NOVEMBER 2017
Trout farm specializing in ova production
Seven Springs Trout Hatchery, located near Larne in Northern Ireland, is looking for a Fish Farm operative with the view to being trained or employed as assistant manager. The candidate will be responsible for assisting in a small team that produces and delivers eyed rainbow trout ova during the summer period from a farm re-built with modern stock units in 2012.
The successful candidate must expect to be involved with the physical work on the site and contribute to the weekend/ alarm cover.
The job description can be summarized as;
- Assisting in Leadership and management of the team
- Production of quality ova in the right quantity at the right time driven by good husbandry of a healthy stock.
- Maintaining accurate record keeping systems and monthly reporting.
- Continuous compliance with assurance schemes and legislation.
- Ability to prioritize daily work.
- Assisting the Management of the staff on site.
- Feeding and taking part in the daily routines.
- Assist with feed and stock management.
- Operation of the site veterinary health plan.
- Grading, stripping and handling of fish.
- Packing and shipping of ova.
- Record keeping in accordance with licensing and the quality schemes in operation.
- Secure high information flow to the manager.
- Maintaining a safe working environment and environmentally friendly work practices.
- Help all aspects of site and equipment maintenance.
- Deliver monthly reports to the manager.
- Daily computer imputed record keeping.
Key competences for the job:
- Good English skills, oral and written.
- Experience with trout farming or a close species is essential. Preference would be given to brood stock experience.
- Familiar with the most common Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with quality schemes such as Global GAP, ISO or Quality Trout UK would be preferred.
- Willing to work flexible hours under all weather conditions.
For the right person, we offer an exciting job opportunity with ongoing training both on the job and external.
Relocation package will be offered
Please sent your application with relevant details by e-mail to email@example.com or call Paul for an informal chat 07850 507307
Seven Springs produces and sells eyed Rainbow trout ova. Part of the ova are sold in UK and Ireland, but a large share is also sold through the parent company Troutex Aps worldwide to more than 26 different countries. Read more about Troutex at www.troutex.dk