1 x skinless fillet of trout
70g long grain/basmati rice
1 big soupspoon of your favourite chutney e.g. pear and plum
- Place trout fillet on a piece of tin foil or parchment on a baking tray and sprinkle lightly with paprika. If you use foil you won’t even need to wash the baking tray!
- To bake, place tray in a hot oven (190 C/Gas 5) for 8 minutes. The fish is cooked when it looks paler and opaque, and flakes easily.
- At the same time, boil a kettle and pour the boiling water over rice in pan. Boil rice (no lid) for 8 minutes. Drain and return to pan.
- Add a dollop of your favourite chutney to rice and stir together. Taste to check rice is cooked to your taste.
- Spoon rice mix onto a serving dish and top with trout.
Ready in 10!
Easy variation – a generous pinch of turmeric will make your rice yellow. Also delicious with natural yoghurt mixed with mint.