1 x skinless fillet of trout
1 bundle of dried tagliatelle
A good drizzle of rapeseed oil
Half a courgette, cut in chunks
4 dessertspoons of tinned chopped tomato
A light pinch of salt and black pepper
- Boil kettle and place pasta in a pan. Pour boiling water over pasta and boil (no lid) for 6 minutes. Stir once with a fork to separate strands.
- Cut up trout into bite sized pieces.
- In a hot frying pan, drizzle oil and add courgettes. Roast for a couple of minutes then flip over and add trout pieces to pan. Cook for a couple of minutes then add spoonfuls of tomato and season.
- Simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Drain pasta in a sieve or colander and place on warmed plate.
- Spoon the mix over the pasta and serve immediately.
Ready in 7!
Easy variation – add some torn fresh basil leaves at the finish for authentic Italian!
Place leftover tinned tomato in a clean bowl and store in fridge for up to 3 days.