1 x skinless fillet of trout
Chinese 5 spice powder
70g long grain rice
A good drizzle of rapeseed oil
- Place trout fillet on a piece of tin foil or parchment on a baking tray and sprinkle lightly with 5 spice powder. If you use foil you won’t even need to wash the baking tray!
- To bake, place tray in a hot oven (190 C/Gas 5) for 8 minutes. The fish is cooked when it looks paler and opaque, and flakes easily.
- At the same time, boil a kettle and pour the boiling water over rice in pan. Boil rice (no lid) for 8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan or wok, heat oil and sauté mushrooms. Add drained rice to pan and finish cooking with a generous drizzle of soy sauce.
- Spoon rice mix into a bowl and top with trout.
Ready in 10!
Easy variation – use red pepper instead or as well as mushrooms.